Air Cooled Chillers
Industrial and commercial Air-Cooled Chillers are available to buy from Newsome – experts in temperature control solutions.
If you are looking to purchase an air-cooled chiller for your business, then talk to us. Our air-cooled chillers which are available to both buy and rent, are suitable for both commercial and industrial process cooling applications and air conditioning systems. Our air-cooled chillers are available in capacities from 3kW to multi-megawatt bespoke solutions capable of cooling processes and buildings of any size and configuration.
Air-cooled chillers utilise the ambient air temperature to cool and condense the hot refrigerant gas back down to a liquid, thus rejecting the heat from the chiller to the air. This process can take place inside the chiller or can be remotely located outside.
We are experts in providing temperature control solutions for UK businesses and can advise on the best process or air-cooled chillers for your manufacturing, process, or commercial air conditioning needs. Here at Newsome, based on decades of HVAC experience, we have built up a thorough understanding of the cooling needs of our commercial and industrial clients, the demands placed on commercial coolers and chillers, and the financial and efficiency benefits of both buying or renting an industrial air-cooled chiller from us.
Air cooled chillers are a very common cooling solution, especially in small to medium size commercial, office, and public sector buildings. Air cooled chillers are more often than not located externally, either up on the roof or at ground level. The reason for this is air cooled chillers do not use cooling towers to expel the heat from a building, instead they release the unwanted waste heat into the ambient air and therefore need access to a lot of cooler fresh air, in order to reject the unwanted heat .
You can contact us anytime and get the best technical advice possible, covering all aspects of air-cooled chiller equipment and the advantages of air-cooled chillers as an efficient cooling solution for your business.
Precision Air Cooled Industrial Chillers
The Newsome WLA Precision chiller units are the latest air-cooled industrial chillers, providing two refrigerant circuits and two scroll compressors per circuit to maximise reliability and efficiency under partial load conditions on the utility side. These air-cooled industrial chillers are ideal for cooling water or process fluids and have been designed to ensure the high standards of reliability required by continuous production processes running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Thanks to the standard non-ferrous hydraulic circuit and the wide range of options and accessories, the WLA Precision air-cooled industrial chillers are ideally suited for cooling a number of different industrial applications and sectors including plastics, chemical manufacture, pharmaceutical, biogas, the automotive industry and food & drink production.
Reliability and the ability to adapt to specific plant requirements are the determining factors, which allow the WLA Precision air-cooled liquid chillers to adapt perfectly to the requirements of these industrial cooling applications, guaranteeing continuity of production and contributing to the reduction of ongoing operating costs.
WPAmini Air-Cooled Industrial Chiller 95-170kW
The Newsome Mini Air-Cooled Industrial Chillers are air cooled industrial liquid chillers designed for demanding process cooling applications operating 24/7, 365 days a year. These units contain two refrigerant circuits with scroll compressors in tandem which have been optimised for the use of R454B & R410A refrigerants, plate evaporator technology, and a cooling capacity from 95 kW to 170 kW.
The Newsome experience in process cooling has contributed to the availability of this range of energy saving industrial air-cooled chillers which are able to meet the wide operating limits (both ambient and user side) required by demanding clients in many process and manufacturing sectors. All chillers in the WPAmini range feature high levels of energy efficiency (Class A or B) and compliance with the limits required by the 2009/125/EC Ecodesign ErP 2021 Directive.
These air-cooled chiller units are available with environmentally friendly R454B refrigerant fluid that provides a reduction in global warming potential (GWP = 467). Classified as A2L, R454B is non-toxic in PED safety group 1. They are also available as an integrated free cooling version, which provides significant energy savings and carbon emission reductions, especially in applications that produce high temperatures of the cooling fluid (plastic, data centers) and where the units are installed in areas with cold or temperate climates such as here in the UK.
Air Cooled Industrial Chiller 160-550kW
This popular liquid air-cooled chiller is designed for demanding process cooling applications that are operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week all year round. They are air cooled with two refrigerant circuits and scroll compressors installed in tandem/trio, optimised for the use of R454b R32 R410A refrigerants. They also have a built-in plate/tube evaporator and provide a cooling capacity ranging from 160kW to 550kW. Cosmotec experience in process cooling has led to the development of this range of industrial air-cooled chillers which are able to meet the wide operating limits required at the same time delivering enhanced energy savings.
All chillers in the WPA range are characterised by high levels of energy efficiency (Class A or B) and compliance with the limits required by Directive 2009/125/EC Ecodesign ErP 2021.
Air Cooled Screw Chiller 376-1300kW
This is a liquid air-cooled chiller designed and manufactured for process cooling 24/7, 365 days a year. Air cooled with two refrigerant circuits and screw compressors optimised for the use of the environmentally friendly refrigerants R1234ze & R513A, it contains a dry expansion shell and tube evaporator and provides a cooling capacity from 480 kW to 1627 kW. The 376-1300kW chiller, like all chillers in the WSA range, is characterised by high levels of energy efficiency (Class A or B) and comply with the limits required by the 2009/125/EC Ecodesign ErP 2021 Directive.
Why choose Newsome as your air-cooled chiller sales partner?
With over 40 years of experience providing air-cooled chillers for sale or to rent, if you are considering hiring or buying some of the most energy-efficient and cost-effective air-cooled chillers in the UK, then you have certainly come to the right place. We are here to help; we have the experience, knowledge, and air-cooled chiller equipment you need, ready to deliver to you on-site when you need it. Whether it’s a short-term air-cooled chiller rental to cover a breakdown to an existing chiller system, or you are looking to purchase an air-cooled chiller, make sure your next industrial air-cooled chiller hire project or purchase is delivered by Newsome.
- Our fleet of modern industrial air-cooled chiller equipment is available to buy via our sales team, or hire, and provides reliable, quiet operation and low running costs.
- Our comprehensive range of air-cooled chillers provides solutions for many cooling applications and sizes of facilities available throughout the UK.
- We have been providing specialist advice, equipment sales, hire, and maintenance services in temperature and humidity control including air-cooled chiller sales for over 40 years from our head office facility here in West Yorkshire.
- All air-cooled chillers are fully tested before sales, hire, and dispatch to ensure the equipment works perfectly when it arrives on-site, with minimal installation time required.
- Our flexible approach and substantial stock availability enable us to provide air-cooled chiller for hire across factories, industrial sites, and multi-site facilities.
- Newsome provides 24/7 support for our clients, which ensures our hire and sales equipment keeps operating and remains in tip-top working condition throughout your chosen rental period or equipment lifecycle.
- If you are unsure of your air-cooled chiller requirements, one of our experienced engineering staff can visit you on-site to carry out a site survey and make a recommendation on the correct air-cooled chiller unit that will meet your needs.
- Newsome’s knowledgeable air-cooled chiller hire and maintenance support team can advise you on how to get the perfect chiller solution for your business needs.
- We offer very competitive hire rates and flexible hire periods (including try-before-you-buy on some of our equipment) to suit the temperature control demands of your business.
- We are very competitively priced for all air-cooled chiller sales and hire contracts.