Industrial and commercial energy-efficient Evaporative Coolers/Evaporative Air Conditioners available to buy from Newsome – experts in air conditioning, comfort cooling and temperature control solutions in the UK.
Evaporative coolers (sometimes referred to as evaporative air conditioners) are an excellent, cost-effective alternative to refrigerant-based air conditioning systems for comfort cooling applications such as home use, offices, or public indoor areas, so if you are planning on buying an evaporative cooler for your business or for home, then talk to us here at Newsome.
Our technical team members are experts in providing industrial and commercial temperature control solutions, especially air conditioning and evaporate cooling equipment, for UK businesses across most industry sectors. Based on over 40 years of experience in the commercial HVAC industry, we can advise on the best evaporative coolers/evaporative air-conditioners for your premises based on size, required temperature, and the use of the space requiring cooling.
How do evaporative coolers/evaporative air conditioners work?
Evaporative coolers are probably the simplest form of commercial cooling available and work on the principle of evaporate cooling, or latent heat of evaporation. When a liquid converts to a gas from a liquid (evaporates) it absorbs energy in the form of heat to change state. The liquid and the gas remain at the same temperature, but the process draws heat from the surface that the liquid is evaporating from, thus cooling it. Evaporate coolers draw warm air through a series of wet filter pads which are provided with water from a tank at the base of the unit. Water from the filter pads evaporates, drawing heat out of the air and humidifying it at the same time. The cooled, moist air is then blown across the space/office to be cooled.
This has often been described as the same feeling of a cooling sea breeze on the skin.
With only a small number of the moving parts of a similar-sized portable refrigerant air conditioning unit, and needing only basic water and electrical connections, evaporative cooling is the simplest and lowest-cost method of cooling your commercial or residential building. Evaporate coolers are also incredibly flexible in the workplace as they don’t have to be installed in a fixed position. The portability of evaporative coolers provides businesses with the flexibility to move the evaporate units once they’ve been delivered to provide targeted cooling where and when needed in a building.
Whilst traditional refrigerant-based air conditioners work most effectively in a sealed environment, for an evaporative cooler to work effectively, some windows or outside doors must be open, or some other form of ventilation provided to allow the evaporation to take place, the humidity not to build up, and to allow the hot air to escape outside of the building.
In the UK, evaporative coolers can produce air consistently below 22℃ providing a comfortable and fresh working or leisure environment at a significantly lower operating cost than traditional air con systems.
Benefits of evaporative coolers
- Evaporative coolers provide an environmentally safe cooling solution as evaporation is a natural process requiring no refrigerants.
- Evaporate cooling helps keep the air fresh, eliminating odours and stale air instead of re-circulating them.
- Potentially dangerous organisms don’t present a risk as the water in an evaporative cooler circulates at a naturally low temperature.
- Evaporate coolers can help reduce your running costs compared to traditional air conditioning solutions, with running costs up to 90% less than an equivalent refrigeration system.
- Doors and windows can remain open with no detrimental effect on the efficiency or operating cost, making the workplace more comfortable to work in.
- Provides a natural environment, improves air quality, and can help reduce the transmission of air-borne viruses by refreshing the air in confined spaces.
Evaporative coolers – energy-efficient cooling solutions
Here at Newsome, we understand the cooling needs of our commercial clients, the performance demands, and the financial and efficiency benefits of both buying or renting an evaporative cooler from us. We sell (as well as rent) a broad commercial range of evaporate coolers and evaporative air conditioning units which are able to provide more energy-efficient cooling solutions for your office, business, or home. We provide a range of evaporative coolers which operate by utilising the principles of latent heat of evaporation. In the process of going from a liquid to a gas, the water-soaked pads absorb energy, thus removing excess heat before the cooled air is circulated around the building.
You can contact our team anytime and get the best technical advice available, covering all aspects of evaporative cooling equipment and the advantages of evaporative coolers as an efficient alternative cooling solution.
Evaporative coolers – expert advice on sales.
Whether you’re looking to replace existing less efficient coolers or are looking for cost-effective cooling solutions to remove unwanted heat from your buildings, then Newsome is here to help. Our specialist team will guide you through the specification and procurement process surrounding the purchase of new evaporative coolers. With our extensive experience in supplying evaporative coolers and air conditioning systems to UK leisure, service industry, public, private, and other major commercial sectors, we can help you to optimise cooling performance and reduce, as much as possible, ongoing operational costs and carbon emissions.
Why choose Newsome as your evaporative cooler sales partner?
With over 40 years of experience providing evaporative coolers for sale or rent, if you are considering hiring or buying some of the most energy-efficient and cost-effective evaporative coolers in the UK, you have certainly come to the right place. We are here to help; we have the experience, knowledge, and evaporative cooler equipment you need, ready to deliver on-site when needed. Whether it’s a short-term evaporative cooler rental, or you are looking to purchase an evaporative cooler, make sure your next commercial evaporative cooler hire project or purchase is delivered by Newsome.
- Our fleet of modern evaporative cooler equipment is available to buy via our sales team, or hire, and provides reliable, quiet operation and low running costs.
- Our comprehensive range of evaporative coolers provides solutions for many cooling applications and sizes of facilities available throughout the UK.
- We have been providing specialist advice, equipment sales, hire, and maintenance services in temperature and humidity control, including evaporative coolers, for over 40 years from our head office facility here in West Yorkshire.
- All evaporative coolers are fully tested before sale, hire, and dispatch to ensure the equipment works perfectly when it arrives on-site with minimal installation time required.
- Our flexible approach and substantial stock availability enable us to provide evaporative coolers for hire across factories, industrial sites, and multi-site facilities.
- Newsome provides 24/7 support for our clients, which ensures our hire and sales equipment keeps operating and remains in tip-top working condition throughout your chosen rental period or equipment lifecycle.
- If you are unsure of your evaporative cooler requirements, one of our experienced engineering staff can visit you on-site to carry out a site survey and make a recommendation on the correct evaporative coolers units that will meet your needs.
- Newsome’s knowledgeable evaporative cooler hire and maintenance support team can advise you on how to get the perfect cooler solution for your business needs.
- We offer very competitive hire rates and flexible hire periods (including try-before-you-buy on some of our equipment) to suit the temperature control demands of your business.
- We are very competitively priced for all evaporative coolers sales and hire contracts.