Liquid chillers designed for process cooling 24/7, 365 days a year, air cooled with two refrigerant circuits and scroll compressors installed in tandem/trio optimized for the use of R454b R32 R410A, plate/tube evaporator and cooling capacity from 160 kW to 550 kW.
Cosmotec experience in process cooling has led to the development of this range of industrial chillers able to meet the wide operating limits (both ambient and user side) required by the new technologies used for energy saving.
All chillers in the WPA range are characterized by high levels of energy efficiency (Class A or B) and compliance with the limits required by Directive 2009/125/EC Ecodesign ErP 2021.
- Zinc Zinc plated steel load-bearing structure
- Outdoor installation
- Epoxy painting
- Corrosion resistant
- Lifting bars in the base
- Holes for anti vibration mounts
- Air condensed – dual circuit
- Scroll compressors in tandem or trio
- Ecological refrigerant gas R410A
- MicroChannel condenser coils with V-shaped geometry
- Brazed plate evaporator WPA060…140
- Shell and tube evaporator WPA160…200
- Electronic expansion valve
- Standard equipment with evaporator only
- Fluid: water and antifreeze
- Ferrous circuit
- Pump / pumps (optional)
- Tank for pressurized circuit (optional)
- Free Cooling (optional)
- Electrical panel for outdoor installation, IP54
- Main switch with door lock
- Touch screen display for Sec.blue electronic control
- Three-phase power supply 400V/50Hz or 460V/60Hz
- Sequencing (master/slave)/ModBus RS485 /Ethernet RJ45
Capacity Range 160 - 550kW
The integrated Free Cooling version available for the WPA range also allows significant energy savings, especially in the case of installations in areas with cold or temperate climates.
Even in the Low Noise version, ideal for installations near residential areas, our units maintain high performance and high energy savings, ensuring low noise.
The Electronic Expansion Valve (EEV) optimizes temperature and pressure of gas evaporation, increasing the efficiency at partial loads on the user side and helping to extend the operating range of the unit.
The Microchannel condensers are entirely made of aluminium and expressly designed to maximize the performance of the chiller, and they allow to reduce the overall dimensions and to minimize the refrigerant charge. For a better resistance to corrosion, the e-coating protective treatment is available (option).
Eco-Friendly LOW GWP Version
Upon request, WPA units are available with environmentally friendly R454B refrigerant fluid that provides a reduction in global warming potential (GWP = 467). Classified as A2L R454B is non-toxic but mildly flammable, in PED safety group 1.
Free Cooling for Energy Saving
WPA chillers are available in an integrated Free Cooling version, which allows a strong energy saving, especially in applications that require high temperatures of the cooling fluid (plastic, data centers) and installation in areas with cold or temperate climates. By exploiting the external air to cool the fluid, the Free Cooling system can even replace the cooling circuit entirely, thus allowing the deactivation of the compressors.
Depending on the climatic conditions, the WPA chiller will use the most suitable operating mode from:
- Compressor Mode (DX): the heat load of the utility is met by the refrigerant circuit.
- Mix Mode: reduces energy consumption by exchanging part of the thermal heat with the ambient air. This solution partializes the operation of the compressors, as they only have to produce the missing part of the cooling capacity.
- Total Free Cooling: with low external air temperatures, the fluid is completely cooled by the ambient air. Energy consumption is minimized thanks to the operation of only the variable speed fans and the partializing valves.
Integrated Hydronic Unit
The hydronic unit option includes the main hydraulic components and is available in different configurations: with single or double centrifugal pump (WPA060 – WPA140), with high or low head, fixed speed or controlled by inverter and inertial storage (WPA060 – WPA140).