Air cooled chillers designed for process cooling 24/7, 365 days a year, characterized by two refrigerant circuits with scroll compressors in tandem optimized for the use of R454B & R410A, plate evaporator and cooling capacity from 95 kW to 170 kW.
Cosmotec experience in process cooling has led to the development of this range of industrial chillers able to meet the wide operating limits (both ambient and user side) required by the new technologies used for energy saving.
All chillers in the WPAmini range feature high levels of energy efficiency (Class A or B) and compliance with the limits required by the 2009/125/EC Ecodesign ErP 2021 Directive.
- Zinc plated steel load-bearing structure
- Outdoor installation
- Epoxy painting
- Corrosion resistant
- Lifting plates
- Holes for anti vibration mounts
- Electrical panel for outdoor installation, IP54
- Main switch with door lock
- Touch screen display for C2020 electronic control
- Three-phase power supply 400V/50Hz – 460V/60Hz
- Sequencing (master/slave) / ModBus RS485 / Ethernet RJ45
- Standard equipment with evaporator only
- Fluid: water and antifreeze
- Ferrous circuit
- Pump / pumps (optional)
- Tank for pressurized circuit (optional)
- Free Cooling -20°C or -40°C esternal air (optional)
- Air condensed – 2 circuits
- 4 Scroll compressors in dual circuit tandem
- Ecological refrigerant gas R454B & R410A
- μChannel condenser coils with V-shaped geometry
- Brazed plate evaporator
- Electronic thermostatic valve
Capacity Range 95kW - 170kW
The integrated Free Cooling version available for the WPAmini range allows strong energy saving especially in case of installations in areas with cold or temperate climates. Even in the Low Noise version, ideal for installations near residential areas, our units maintain high performance and high energy savings, ensuring low noise. The Electronic Expansion Valve (EEV) optimizes temperature and pressure of gas evaporation, increasing the efficiency at partial loads on the user side and helping to extend the operating range of the unit. The Microchannel condensers are entirely made of aluminium and expressly designed to maximize the performance of the chiller, and allow the reduction the overall dimensions and the minimization of the refrigerant charge. For a better resistance to corrosion, the e-coating protective treatment is available (option).
Eco-Friendly LOW GWP Version
Upon request, WPAmini units are available with environmentally friendly R454B refrigerant fluid that provides a reduction in global warming potential (GWP = 467). Classified as A2L R454B is non-toxic but slightly flammable, in PED safety group 1.
Free Cooling for Energy Saving
WPAmini chillers are available in an integrated Free Cooling version, which allows strong energy saving, especially in applications that require high temperatures of the cooling fluid (plastic, data centers) and installation in areas with cold or temperate climates.
By exploiting the external air to cool the fluid, the Free Cooling system can even replace the cooling circuit entirely, allowing the deactivation of the compressors.
Depending on the climatic conditions, the WPAmini chiller will use the most suitable operating mode from:
- Compressor Mode (DX): the heat load of the utility is met by the refrigerant circuit.
- Mix Mode: reduces energy consumption by exchanging part of the thermal heat with the ambient air. This solution partializes the operation of the compressors, as they only have to produce the missing part of the cooling capacity.
- Total Free Cooling: with low external air temperatures, the fluid is completely cooled by the ambient air. Energy consumption is minimized thanks to the operation of only the variable speed fans and the partializing valves.
Integrated Hydronic Unit
The hydronic unit option includes the main hydraulic components and is available in different configurations: with single or double centrifugal pump, high or low head, fixed speed or controlled by inverter and inertial storage.